30 Rockefeller Plaza | The Comcast Building - maximilianimaging

30 ROCKEFELLER PLAZA

"THE NYC COMCAST BUILDING"

Show Love - Like & Share

The Comcast Building


The Comcast Building, previously the GE Building 1988-2013 and the RCA Building 1933-1988, is an Art Deco skyscraper that forms the centerpiece of Rockefeller Center in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, United States.   Known as the RCA Building until 1988, it is most famous for housing the NBC television network headquarters.  At 850 feet high, the 70-story building is the 14th tallest in New York City and the 39th tallest in the United States.  Some of the building's nicknames include “The Slab” and “30 Rock”.


The building is currently undergoing a US $190 million floor-by-floor interior renovation, which (when complete) will result in it being renamed the Comcast Building, complete with new Comcast signage at street level and atop the building, including the display of the iconic NBC Peacock logo on the building's exterior for the first time.


Negotiations between Comcast and NBC Universal for a potential acquisition began as early as March 2009. By September 2009, Comcast had successfully negotiated a purchase of a 51% majority stake in NBC Universal from GE.   On January 18, 2011, the FCC and the United States Department of Justice approved the acquisition. On March 2013 Comcast acquired the remaining 49% from GE, now owning 100% of NBC Universal.



Show Love - Like & Share

Powered by SmugMug Log In